Approximately 7 weeks ago I set a goal for myself. I wanted to publish a post each day for 30 days, unfortunately I was unsuccessful. See the first post here. Although I did not accomplish that goal, it’s important to own up to failures, reassess and try again. That is exactly what I intend to do. This post will show what I accomplished, what I learn, and what I intend to do next.
When life knocks you down, try to land on your back. Because if you can look up, you can get up. Let your reason get you back up. – Les Brown
- Out of the 30 days I managed to publish 21 posts and I am proud of that. It’s the most that I’ve done in any month since I started blogging.
- I connected with 27 new amazing bloggers. I now have 77 followers! Thank you for following and liking my posts. In return I now follow each and every follower.
- Overall, I’ve received 100 likes. This is a very small accomplishment but I am proud of it. I know that there is more in store.
- I tried writing about different topics and in different styles, some worked others did not. I’m learning more from my readers.
- If you want to post everyday, it may be wise to do some batch writing. Write a couple of posts for your “reserve”. I found it difficult at times to write and publish a brand new post each and everyday. There are days where I have more time than others. On those days I will attempt to write at least 2-3 posts if I can. That way, if I’m unable to write I can use one of my “reserve” posts. Don’t worry they will be quality posts and you won’t be able to tell the difference.
- Work on quality headlines. Some of my posts were not read or viewed at all. I attribute that to the headline or maybe even the time of day I published the post. They could have just been lost in the shuffle. Either way I understand that readers were not drawn into that specific post. I have to do a better job of providing a better headline. A headline that is attention grabbing, and one that does not mislead the reader as to what the post is about. Message received blog world.
- Network with more bloggers. I did manage to explore and read other bloggers’ sites. I came across some pretty impressive sites that I enjoyed. I learned a thing or two from doing this as well. I commented and liked some of their posts. And I started following quite a few as well. That lead to them visiting and doing the same for my blog as well. I look forward to continuing this. It’s a great way to learn and grow my blog.
I’m going to try my first goal all over again. I am going to write a post each day for the next 30 days! Each post will be released each morning. I will connect with more amazing bloggers, and I feel confident that this goal will be a success and accomplished. Wish me luck.